On Saturday, we celebrated my "Golden" Birthday and also Halloween. If you don't know what a "Golden" Birthday is then I will define it for you. It's when you turn the age of the day you were born. Clear as mud? Exactly. For example, this year I turned 27 and my birthday is on the 27th. I think I've been talking to Chad about this ever since we've been married. I've also said that I wanted a huge birthday party which Chad now says will never happen again. Apparently he hates organizing them :) But I just told him last night that when I'm 54 I want a double "Golden" Birthday party. I don't think I've ever seen his eyes roll back farther in his head before. Come on. He's got 27 years to plan the next one so you know it's got to be the best party yet. I'm hoping for Hawaii!!! Haha.
Is anyone sick of seeing our hearth yet? I made the Happy Halloween sign with my Cricut. I'm still trying to prove it's usefulness to Chad.
These are mummy oreo suckers. Super easy to make. I found the tutorial on howdoesshe.com. I think I might make them for Christmas and put a green Christmas tree on the front.
I'm pretty sure everyone made tissue paper pom poms this Halloween because the orange and black tissue paper were out almost everywhere.
The bugs in the water are from a store called Orson Gygi. They are the coolest things ever. They grow 4 times there size in 72 hours and then when you take them out of the water they shrink back. You can use them again. Suhweet!
My totally awesome Halloween and Golden Birthday cakes that Chad made. Not!
Our little lady bug Kelsie getting ready for take off. What a flippin' cutie!
"I'm so sick of pictures! Let me go trick or treating already!"
Right when we left to go outside it started pouring. We went to three house and ran back home. Kelsie would make funny noises when the rain and wind would hit her face. I almost kept her out there longer 'cause it was cracking me up. Later, all the other kids went out and about our neighborhood.
We ate Wingers Sticky Fingers, cornbread, tater tots, coleslaw from my mom, and chili from Kelli.
The Utah/Air Force game was on and we had some very enthusiastic fans here (Huggins)! The fam all showed up and some of my friends but did we get any pictures? Nope. I didn't even think about it until everyone was leaving. Hello.
Thanks everyone for coming. It was a blast! Now we just need to get carpet downstairs and send all the kiddies down there.
And I must say how much I appreciate Chad for taking the time to get all of the party together. I really, really, really am glad he was up for it even though I'm not always the best at thanking him for the nice things he does for me. He also surprised me with a Nook and I've already bought a book and read it. Thank you baby! I love you!
And I must say how much I appreciate Chad for taking the time to get all of the party together. I really, really, really am glad he was up for it even though I'm not always the best at thanking him for the nice things he does for me. He also surprised me with a Nook and I've already bought a book and read it. Thank you baby! I love you!
8 comments:
I seriously love your hearth! I'll never get sick of it! Oh, and cricuts are one of the most practical/useful items out there!
Ahh such a cute lady bug! I love that she has long sleeves and leggings on and then there is Gaines in just a loin cloth. Next year we might be in long underwear in Detroit or somewhere freezing! Hopefully not :) Those cakes are really pretty. Chad is such a good cake decorator. When you said he rolled his eyes back further than ever I can totally picture that one in my head, ha.
I'm so sad I missed this. Your place looks so cute! I'm glad you had such a fun golden birthday. And Kels looks adorable, of course.
such a fun party!! glad we were able to see you guys...sorry for my enthusiastic (loud) hubby! we had so much fun!
Sorry I couldn't make it, it looked like tons of fun!
First off - Happy birthday!
Second - cutest lady bug I've ever seen. And she is getting soooo big. What a cutie!!
Third - love love love all of your decorations!!!! So fun!!
Last - Tell Chad he can throw me a party anytime!!! Looks like you had a great time!!!!
Oh and PS - I made the Cilantro/Lime rice and the Bean recipe too and they were so good that everyone made me make it all again 4 days later. Yum!!
What a fun party! I could eat those Oreo's all day!!!
I loved the cake. Sorry Kim was mean. But at least the cake looked amazing.
Holy crap Betty Crocker!! How cute was everything!
Post a Comment